With Pitti Uomo closing yesterday, many of you will spend the weekend in Florence… Excellent decision!!
I will give you my favourite addresses of my hometown Firenze:
1. Visit the center and the main squares but also the small streets that make you feel like you are traveling across time: Piazza Della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo, Santa Croce square, Tornabuoni street – the main shopping area. You cannot miss the Uffizi Museum and the Accademia for the David of Michelangelo. For shopping addicts I also recommend the Gucci Museum 🙂
2. Piazzale Michelangelo and San Miniato Church. Walk until Forte Belvedere and have a drink or a walk in Villa Bardini (if it is open);
3. Visit the Boboli garden and the Bardini park;
4. For some luxury shopping at the best price, go to The mall (you need to go by car or organized tours). In the center go to the famous Luisa Via Roma store;
6. Best Cafe in town: Paskzosky, Revoire, Giacosa Cavalli;
7. Lunch and aperitivo: Zoe, Rifrullo, Lungarno 23, Hotel Excelsior, Obika, Harry’s Bar, I fratellini, Fusion, Procacci, Colle Bereto.